An Phoblacht, published by Sinn Féin, was first published in 1970 as a weekly newspaper, taking its name from earlier republican papers. Originally published only in the South, it merged with Sinn Féin’s Northern Ireland paper, Republican News, in 1979 and carried both names until the 2000s, when it reverted to An Phoblacht and became a monthly publication.
It announced in 2017 that it would cease print publication, becoming an online only news service.
Marta (March) 1970
16 Marta 1973
28 Márta / Thursday, 28 March, 1991
Déardaoin, 30 Meitheamh / Thursday, 30 June, 1994
Déardaoin, 7 Iúil / Thursday, 7 July 1994
- 1970 - An Phoblacht, Vol. 1, No. 2
- 1973 - An Phoblacht, Vol. 4, No. 6
- 1974 - An Phoblacht, Vol. 4, No. 12
- 1979 - An Phoblacht Republican News, Iml. 1, Uimh. 38
- 1987 - An Phoblacht/Republican News, Vol. 9, No. 50
- 1991 - An Phoblacht/Republican News, Vol. 13, No. 13
- 1994 - An Phoblacht/Republican News, Vol. 16, No. 26
- 1994 - An Phoblacht/Republican News, Vol. 16, No. 27
- 15th February 2021
- 1 hr 16 mins
In this episode we talk to Danny Morrison about his time as editor of Republican News and An Phoblacht and Sinn Féin director of publicity, his analysis of the Irish political landscape, and his work as a writer of both fiction and non-fiction.Listen or download
Art Ó Baoill, Ruairí Ó Brádaigh, Séamus Ó Caomhanaigh, Liam Ó Coileáin, Neil Forde, James Hope, Dara MacDara (see Deasún Breathnach), Mairtín MacDiarmada, Art MacEoin, Dara MacNeill, Pól MacSté, Hilda MacThomas, Mitchel McLaughlin, Pádraigín Ní Mhuirí, Séamus Ó Mongain, Peter O' Rourke, Rosemary Sullivan
Note: This list is not exhaustive. Only named authors with entries in the archive are listed here.