People Before Profit (PBP)
|Groups & Sections: Info||Socialist Workers' Network
Red Network (2021–) … Sub-group/Section/Tendency
|Documents in Archive:||13|
|International Affiliations:||Global Ecosocialist Network |
International Socialist Tendency (2018–)
|European Affiliation:||European Anti-Capitalist Left (European Party)|
|Related Organisations:||Socialist Workers' Party, RISE, United Left Alliance, Solidarity - People Before Profit, Right2Change|
|Timeline:||View in the timeline of the Irish left|
|Discuss:||Comments on this organisation|
People Before Profit (PBP) was established by the Socialist Workers’ Party in 2005. It is organised and contests elections on an all-island basis.
The Community and Workers’ Action Group, a small Dublin-based group associated with Joan Collins, joined in 2007.
In 2018, the Socialist Workers’ Party announced it would become the Socialist Workers’ Network, effectively dissolving into PBP. Other ‘networks’ within the party include Red Network, and RISE, who joined in 2021.
PBP was part of the United Left Alliance (ULA), gaining two of the ULA’s five seats in 2011 (though one TD, Joan Collins, later left the group in 2012). After the collapse of the ULA, Its candidates subsequently ran as part of the Solidarity-People Before Profit (S-PBP) electoral alliance.
Other names, groups or sections
Socialist Workers' Network
The Socialist Workers’ Network was originally formed as the Socialist Workers’ Movement in 1971 by supporters of the International Socialists in Britain (now the SWP). It became the Socialist Workers’ Party in 1995. It was renamed the Socialist Workers Network in 2018, when the party decided to shift its focus to People Before Profit (PBP), which it had founded, and become a ‘network’ within that party.
Red Network is a network within People Before Profit arising from social media platform, Rebel Telly.
People Before Profit
|Wikipedia||People Before Profit Alliance|
Socialist Workers' Network
|Wikipedia||Socialist Workers Network|
Show: By publication | Chronological list
- 2009 - An Alternative Economic Agenda
- 2015 - Right to Water: Scrap Water Charges - End Austerity
- 2015 - Solidarity with the Greek People
- 2017 - Repeal the Eighth: Your Body, Your Life, Your Choice
- 2018 - Government Inaction Over Housing Emergency — Shameful!
- 2018 - Hypocrisy At Its Worst: Get the Bishops Out Of Our Bedrooms
- 2022 - Cost of Living: Build the Fightback
- 2022 - Cut The Prices: Stop Profiteering
- 2022 - Free, Frequent Public Transport
- 2022 - Housing Crisis: Government & The Rich Are to Blame
- 2022 - Price Controls Now!
- 2022 - Radical Women, Radical Change
- 2022 - We've Had Enough of Church Control: NMH Must Be Secular and Publicly Owned
- Election Manifestos
Irish Election Manifesto Archive
Includes general, European and local election manifestos.
- SWP & PBPA Leaflets
Irish Election Literature
A number of leaflets and documents from the Socialist Workers’ Party and People Before Profit Alliance, as well as individual candidates.
No Comments yet.
Add a Comment
Comments can be formatted in Markdown format . Use the toolbar to apply the correct syntax to your comment. The basic formats are: